What is Mobile Number Portability (MNP)?
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a global telco practice that enables mobile phone subscribers to keep their numbers even when they switch networks or change their subscription from postpaid to prepaid and vice versa, free of charge. This is in compliance with Republic Act (RA) 11202 or the MNP Act.
Why is there a need for mobile number portability?
MNP can help promote consumer welfare by fostering the freedom to choose and to respond to quality, price, and other relevant considerations without the consumers having to change their mobile numbers whenever they switch mobile service providers or subscription plans.
What are the different types of mobile number porting?
- Internal Porting: Retaining your current mobile number as you move from postpaid to a prepaid subscription, or vice versa, within your current network.
- External Porting: Retaining your current mobile number as you switch subscriptions to another network.
When can I apply for MNP?
MNP will be available effective September 30, 2021. As all Philippine Mobile Service Providers work together to make this service available for their subscribers, please stay tuned by following our official Facebook (tcimnp) page for updates.
What are the basic requirements to apply for internal porting?
You may visit the website of your current mobile service provider at the bottom of this page.
What are the basic requirements to apply for external porting?
1. Government-issued ID
- Unique Subscriber Code (USC)
- This is a 9-digit code issued by your current network provider to start the portingprocess.
- This serves as a clearance that your account is free from unpaid fees and balances.
- This is valid for fifteen (15) days upon the date of issue.
- Proof of Mobile Number Ownership
How can I qualify for MNP?
(All conditions should apply.)
- Your mobile number must be active.
- Your mobile number has no unpaid account charges.
- Your mobile number is not linked to an operator-locked* device.
- Your mobile number is not part of any product or service bundle.
- Your mobile number must not be the primary or principal holder of multiple accounts.
- Your mobile number must not have a pending transfer of mobile number ownershiprequest.
- Your mobile number has not been applied for the MNP within the last 60 days.
- Your mobile number is not associated with any fraudulent activity.
- Your mobile number has no prohibitions set by the law, by a court order or by the NationalTelecommunications Commission.
*To learn how to unlock your device, visit: